Thursday, June 14, 2012

The smallest minority

Most of us within what is commonly known as the "liberty movement" are aware that, at the core of the idea, the world's smallest "minority" is the individual person.

To us, it's not about "black rights", "gay rights", "women's rights", "immigrant rights", or "pasty white protestant heterosexual English-speaking male rights". It's about the human rights inherent within us all and granted by our creator as a member of the human race.

We have the right to be free from the aggression of others, the end.

With that in mind, I have difficulty understanding the opinions of some within the movement, claiming we need to "stick together", "overcome our differences", etc in the aftermath of Rand Paul's endorsement of Mitt Romney.

Sorry, but I wasn't dependent upon someone else's opinions when I chose to vote for Ron Paul in the 2012 primary. I neither asked for acceptance, nor permission, when I voted in the 2008 primary and abstained in the 2010 general election. I did it of my own volition, and don't really give a flying fuck what your opinion of my decision happens to be.

I'm not some trained seal that will bark for a fish or vote for a politician using buzzwords like "freedom" and "liberty". I won't bother go and vote for the "other republican" because he's "anyone but Obama". I won't vote for Obama, because he's going against Paul's opponent. I won't vote for Chuck Baldwin, Wayne Root, Gary Johnson, Ralph Nader, or any other 3rd party candidate.

Likewise, I don't give a damn who you think I should be getting behind, what issues you think I should be supporting, or what you think I should be doing. You don't like my proposed solutions to the problem, or what I'm doing to fight statism? Get fucked, I don't care. You disagree with my unwillingness to vote for some random "replacement Paul"? Get fucked, I don't care. You disagree with the notion that people should resist instead of going impotent when confronted by armed agents of the state? Get fucked, me and my rifle don't care. You disagree with my drinking or eating habits, because they include stuff that may or may not include things you disapprove of? Get fucked, me and my Chelada don't give a damn.

In short, I really don't give a rat's ass about your opinions if they differ from mine. That's the glory of this whole "personal liberty" thing. I can tell you to fuck off if you don't like what I'm doing, or if I don't like what you're doing. You can do your thing, and I can do my thing, and I don't have to give a flying fuck about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment